Satellite
  • Day 6

    Tourist day

    September 3, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Qthings I learned in San Sebastián today, which may be coloured rosy by warm sunshine and a magnificent setting :
    A large sugar raised bun partially sliced and filled with 3 inches of cream, along with "un cafe con leche" is a perfectly acceptable way to start the day.
    Going to the beach, with just a towel, no coolers, no
    beach equipment, no chairs etc seems the best and easiest way to go. You don't even need your bikini top,, no matter your age. (,however, I think, not good for the over 30 and up)
    People queue up to bet on boat races, coastal town against each other.
    Each town brings their little band, they March about.
    The dress is alive and well, across all generations, well not the teen girls. Their arse cheeks hang out of mini cut off shorts. .
    When you want to. "dar un paseo", on the promenade and the Nana or Grandpa can't walk then they go in a wheelchair.
    Cell phones are not generally visible.
    People talk to each other.
    It is not dark until 8.35 so you can go for a swim at what is called one of the best urban beaches.
    Middle school boys half bury a yoga ball in the sand, run and bounce off it and somersault or flip,. (, good idea).
    College students have "cidra", pouring contests. They hold bottle high, glass low, then pour and hope it hits the target. Hence the streets are wet and sticky as the aim gets worse after each bottle.
    If you go to two pinxtos bars and have two glasses of wine, 3 euro each, in quick succession, then you are glad there is a cathedral on the, same street as your hotel, so you can find it. (, 2glasses is max for me).
    People here have seem to enjoy the day, family is important.
    The coffee is good.
    The wine is cheap.
    Cidra tastes awful, but it is really cheap.
    I really like this city.
    Why does no one carve, paint or sculpt a pigeon?
    Read more