Satellite
  • Day 12

    The Bernina Express...Zurich to Venizia

    September 11, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Today we woke up at 6:00 and walked to the train station. In the train station we got some tea and coffee and got on our 1 train it was 2h. On the train we ate breakfast and enjoyed the scenery. Then we got on our 2 train this one was 4 hours long but we got to see some beautiful things. The train had a 15 minute stop so we got off, there was a big hole in the ground down below. In the hole there was a lake and 2 helicopters were carrying metal buckets in and out of the hole.There was also a pulley system to carry stuff up to the restaurant that was there. The view was amazing on the train ride.

    Then we got to Milan we had 2h in Milan so we went to a grocery store then we went to get gelato. It was delicious!! One of the flavors tasted like a ferrero rocher. Our train to Milan was twenty minutes behind schedule. Because of this, we missed our train to Venizia by one minute. We saw the train pull out of the station as we were running for it. However, we got some help and the next train was leaving in 15 minutes. I was happy because we got upgraded to first class. The seats were so comfortable and the car was quiet. We also got some chips and drinks, including free wine. When we got to Venizia, I was very tired, but we still had to walk to our Air BnB with our bags.

    Neve
    Read more