Satellite
  • Day 17

    Slowing down in Split, Croatia

    September 16, 2019 in Croatia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    This morning it is my turn to update our blog post, as the girls and David are out for their run. It's 24 degrees out, so we will try to run either earlier in the morning (before 8:00 a.m.) or after dinner, as we aren't quite climatized to the hotter temperatures. We are definitely Northerners!!

    Yesterday, we flew from Venice to Split, Croatia. We had the pleasure of dealing with what David and I feel is the most chaotic and disorganized airport we have encountered yet. No queues, ticket printing machines malfunctioning with the airline with which we were flying and so many people. And of course, not understanding the language, which always proves interesting, especially when getting yelled at by a fellow Italian passenger who did not believe in waiting their turn in line.

    The flight from Venice to Split, Croatia is less than an hour and we were greeted by sparkling blue clear water that is the Adriadic Coast. Our apartment is an amazing split level (ha, ha), with two bedrooms on the upper floor, a roomy living room/kitchen area and a lovely balcony. The kitchen is well equipped, for which we are grateful, as we will be here for the next month.

    Today is the first day of our non-holiday portion of our travels. We are attempting to follow somewhat of a routine, with waking up at a decent time, getting our running in and starting some math and english. David will be working with the girls on their math, while I work with them on their english. Neve and I will be starting "Tuck Everlasting" today. The rest of our time will be spent exploring Split, Croatia, but we are limiting our touristy excursions to about two times per week. We also hope to get a fair amount of climbing in. Tomorrow is Sophie's birthday and she has requested to try some sport climbing in the Marjan Hills. Stay tuned for that adventure!

    The rest of today will be spent getting organized, doing laundry and heading over to the local climbing store. It is an absolute luxury to complete such mundane tasks with absolutely no time constraints.

    I've only posted two photos...one of our lovely balcony and one of us being unpacked and organized, with our items actually being properly hung up and put away. We wanted our apartment in Split to feel as homey as possible.

    Clarinda
    Read more