Satellite
  • Day 2

    Skate & run around Back Cove

    June 5, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We started the day with a coffee at Speckled Ax and some pastries at Standard Baking Co. The line for the bakery was long, but they were delicious!

    After a walk around the pier, we decided it would be fun to go for a skate and run (I roller skate, Dean runs) by the river. What was going to be a couple of miles ended up turning into a full route around Back Cove. It's not a beginner trail for roller skaters because it involves some hilly areas and skating next to traffic, but definitely a super fun one! I attach the Runkeeper log so I don't forget it.

    On the way back we stopped at the beach by the Eastern Promenade Trail. We were sweaty after the run & skate and thought we would get into the water, but it was so cold that we changed our mind after getting our feet in!

    After a shower at the hotel, we went out for a walk. We stopped for a drink and a snack at a bar called Blyth & Burrows. The cocktails were good, but I got drunk after drinking mine. It also started raining so we went back to rest for a bit before our dinner reservation at Street & Co.

    Street & Co is a well-known seafood place so I decided to have one of those famous Maine lobsters. It was delicious but I have to admit that I wasn't very sure how to eat it besides the body. I guess it takes some practice!
    Read more