Satellite
  • Day 11

    Canadians take on Amsterdam

    June 30, 2016 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Arriving in Amsterdam yesterday morning after our 13 hour bus ride, we quickly grabbed the train to head to Amsterdam Central Station.

    When we exited the train station, we were awed with beautiful canals, colorful boats and tall leaning buildings. We navigated our way to our hostel with was very central in amsterdam... Thank god because it makes up for being on the 5th floor of this extremely steep building with zero wifi and the room the size of my closet at home.

    We ventured out into amsterdam determined to find the Van Gogh museum. When we got there, around 11:45, we looked at the line to get in it was about an hour and a half wait just to buy your tickets, then you have to wait for your assigned time to go in. We knew that you could buy your tickets online so thats what we did. We sat out side of the line on the steps, bought 3 tickets, and we were in at 12 oclock.

    This museum was simply amazing. It was the biggest collection of Van Gogh's work in the world. We had a good time reading his letters he wrote to his cousin and friends in french. Finally, knowing frech came in handy outside of Quebec.

    After we were finished, we sat outside in this stunning park, filled with people and dogs. We enjoyed the scenery before we walked around trying to figure of this complicated city.

    We later ate at this AMAZING italian resturant, where we ordered pizza, soup and got free garlic bread.

    Don't ask me how, but someone we ended up at Lush (we are so basic) and chatted with the sales associate.. When we told him about our travels and how tored we were, he called over another associate and PAMPERED us. I mean, hand scrub, hand cream, face toner, mask, scrub, cream, eye cream and tea tree oil spray. We honestly needed it so badly, and felt instantly refreshed as we left. We spent about an hour getting pampered by the staff with hand massages and facials. It felt so good after our bus ride.

    Once we hit a grocery store and navigated our way home (we are really pros at this whole being local thing) we all showered, repacked, and are currently sitting in the lobby stealing the wifi and eating fruit. It was a wonderful day, can't wait to explore some more tomorrow!!
    Read more