Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Leave the canadian poncho..Try to fit in

    July 4, 2016 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    So yesterday morning we checked out of our amazing... Let me repeat.... Amazing hostel in Brussels. It has been by far the nicest accomodations we have stayed in thus far.

    We headed over to the train station across town to drop off our bags at the Brussels Central Station since our flight was only at 9pm.

    We ventured off into the rain with our ponchos.. As per usual. We were trying to find a market that was recommended by a local... And would you look at that. We ended up at a waffle place. Since it was our last day, it only made complete sense to eat waffles & chocolate for breakfast & so we did. (im sick with a bad cold so I ended up just eating the fruit off the top)

    We roamed around for a couple hours, visiting a church and another cathedral (europe has too many of them)

    We decided to hit up the airport early because we didnt know how security was going to be & didnt want to risk it.

    So off we went back to the train station to retrieve our bags & buy our tickets to get to the air port... WHICH WERE 8.50€ 😭

    Oh also I forgot to mention that the cops in belgium walk around with AK47s on them... Which stand taller then me & if that wasnt bad enough, they always had their hand on the trigger... Couldnt figure out if I felt safe or scared.
    Read more