Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Greek isn't a real language

    July 14, 2016 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    We arrived at Greece airport around 1:05am.

    Of course.. Murphys law, our bags were the last ones to come out

    The original plan was to uber to our airbnb because it would take half the time & it was late. By the time we got our bags & got outside, there were no ubers to be found. The taxi was 38€ to city center but we couldnt justify spending that much money on a cab... Twice in one day.

    With 5 minutes to spare, we caught the last bus into town. We google mapped it & got off at the good stop.

    Both of our phones are dying at this point.

    From the bus is was a 17 minute walk so we grabbed a cab -- we also had no idea where we were going.

    Let me tell you about this cab driver. He was probably in his 70s & used a magnifiying glass to read my cellphone screen. Once he typed in the adress to his gps, that took 10 minutes to write, he sped off at 70km/h down these tiny roads.

    He dropped us off at our place, but turns out that wasnt our place. We walked around looking for people to ask. We asked a local & they had no idea. We asked a cop & he told us to back away from the car then pointed us in the right direction.

    We FINALLY found it.

    After our 6 flight walk up with all our bags, we made it.

    Our host is awesome. Super cool guy. We have a clear view of the acropliois from the balcony.

    We are currently sitting in the room at 3:45 in front of the ac to try to cool down.

    22 hours of traveling.

    Stay tuned for more adventures of frick & frack.
    Read more