Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    WE HAVE WALLS & so many plans

    July 17, 2016 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    Checking out of this "hostel", we put our things in a locker & took advantage of the last couple hours we had on the beach. We went to paradise beach which was a 5 minute walk from our "hostel" & took in some rays while swimming.

    The beach was called paradise beach for a reason. SOOOOOO PRETTY. water was crystal clear.

    We went back to the "hostel" to get our stuff and catch the shuttle to the port to get our ferry.

    When we got there, we went to go buy our tickets & found out we were at the wrong port... Lucky for us, we still had 2 hours to kill.

    We took the public bus to get to the right port & just hung out in the shade until our ferry got there.

    The ferry was half an hour late. We got on no problems & were on our way to Santorini. Soooo about this ferry... It wasn't a ferry. It was a sea jet. We were halling ass. I wish I knew how fast we were going exactly. I fell asleep for the first half of the ferry & Bree fell asleep for the other half. The first half was smooth sailing. The second half... We had AT LEAST 5 pukers. We hit SUPER rough water. There were people running to the front of the boat to look out the window to set their eyes on the horizon. It was crazy. I have a super strong stomach & even I was starting to feel it.

    We had such rough water that we actually went airborne for a few seconds. Everyone panicked & i was sitting there with a huge smile on my face... Meanwhile Breanna slept through it all... I might not have heard the church bells but you slept through an airborne boat.... HA.

    So we finally hit land & I was very thankful to have my feet on the ground. I was starting to feel a little green.

    We were looking around for our shuttle to our hostel & no where to be found. Some helpful guy called our hostel for us to see where it was. We ended up just paying for a shuttle because they weren't coming back until 10 pm.

    We had a sour taste in our mouths already because of the shuttle not showing up. As soon as we got to check in, that taste was gone right away. The girl at the front desk was so awesome!!

    We got to our room WHICH IS ACTUALLY A VILLA!!!!! Omg its perfect. Clean sheets, private shower, balcony over looking the pool & to top it off... AC.. It seriously didn't take much to impress us from our last "hostel", all we needed was 4 walls.

    We dropped our stuff off & went exploring this little down. We are a 5 minute walk from Perissa beach (the black sand beach). We booked some activities.... Stay tuned. 🙊

    We grabbed a late dinner & talked to some Swedish girls. We are now back at our villa, both showered & are currently laying in towels on our beds.

    The effing life ✌🏽️
    Read more