Satellite
  • Day 2

    What time is it?

    May 25, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    This morning (which seems like an eternity ago) we landed in Glasgow. We decided to grab an uber to get to our airbnb since we were already exhausted. Our airbnb host gladly let us in early so we could drop our bags off & go tour the city until check in.

    Our hosts Imogen & George are so kind. They gave us some ideas of what we needed to see before heading out. We walked along the canal for about an hour and along the way passing the BBC Scotland and this giant science center. We continued on to the riverside museum (entrance was free 🎉) where we look around but most importantly sat down. The jet lag was really starting to kick in at this point. Our hosts told us to go to the west end to see some cool stuff but we decided to walk another HOUR AND A HALF to city centre. Yes okay i agree 2 and a half hours of walking isn't THAT bad but holy crap we were tired. Once we got to city center we were in desperate need for some real Scottish food.... MCDOS 😂

    After somewhat recharging, we walked around downtown a little bit and obviously walking up "The Style Mile"... no mom I didn't buy anything. We got to the top which I have to mention was uphill (I feel like I'm making excuses to be so tired at 12:30 in the afternoon ... as if jet lag wasn't a good enough one). At the top was Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall where there were tons of people sitting on the steps listening to a live musician singing Ed Sheeran.

    We continued to George Park Sqaure. It was absolutely beautiful. There was a statue of Walter Scott (a Scottish historical novelist, playwright and poet) where people had put dozens and dozens of flowers and notes down for the shooting that happened in Manchester the other night.

    We sat down on some grass in the shade where it was evident that we needed to get some sleep. We hit up the grocery store to grab some food for the next couple of days before taking the subway back to our airbnb. Now if you thought the Montreal metro was bad.... oh my my. Even the decor in this place was awful.

    Fast forward 4 hours & I just woke up from the best nap of maybe all time.

    No set plans for tonight but don't worry, you know I'll keep you updated 😉
    Read more