Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Sheep Shipper

    May 28, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    So day 2 of our skye trip & I'm seriously at a loss for words.

    We met the group at 9 am after making breakfast at our hostel. The Indian family was 20 Minutes late... again.

    Our first stop was Glen Ferry. This was incredible. It looked like something right out of Lord of the Rings. It had small rolling hills that were greener than the best grass I've ever seen.

    Our tour guide, Andrew told us that 60% of the ppl in Skye speak Gaelic. There are golden eagles on Skye & will eat the baby lambs :/. Black faced sheep are the most populated in Scotland. There are more sheep then there are people.

    We got to drive by and saw where Skye meets the Atlantic Ocean ( HI CANADA!!)

    Quirang, which was a stop along the way, was out of this world. The scenery here is spectacular. (See pictures)

    Old man of storr: legend says that there were 2 giants climbing the mountain and they saw something they shouldn't have and they were turned to stone. There's only one left standing today.

    Quiring and Old man of Storr are both in Harry Styles music video for "change of the times". Our bus drivers brother and sister in law were paid to let harry land on their property by helicopter... they were also paid 10,000 pounds (20,000 Canadian) to keep quiet about him coming.

    After coming back from lunch we went to the Dunvegan castle, where he gave us an option.. to either pay 10£ to go in or to go for a walk along the beach. Since it was such a beautiful day out today (and we're going to a castle tomorrow), we decided to choose the walk and we were definitely not disappointed. I just have no words left. Pictures can't even do it justice.

    After the castle, he dropped some of us off at Cullin mountain to go see the ferry pools. This was probably one of my favourite places so far. There was 3 GIANT mountains and waterfalls right through the middle of them. We can go dunk our feet in the crystal clear water (super cold) and hike for about 2 hours.

    We missed our dinner reservation but they managed to squeeze us in a bit later. We grabbed a local beer from the bar and waited to be seated. I had macaroni and cheese with garlic bread and salad. SOOOOO good. (Took some to go to eat for lunch tomorrow)

    We are now back at the hostel, showered & ready to sleep (we both didn't sleep much last night)

    Tomorrow is our last day of the tour (thank god I'll never have to see some of these people ever again 🙃)

    Just a side mark, if you're reading this and you ever want to travel Scotland, use timerberbush tours and ask for the tour guide Andrew. He is sooo kind & is an awesome driver on the single high speed roads!!
    Read more