Satellite
  • Day 18

    Saturday yö

    June 10, 2017 in Sweden ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    This morning we definitely took the opportunity to sleep in. We're not going to be sleeping much until Monday so we took advantage of the nice comfy hotel bed.

    We check out at noon and made our way to the port to drop off our bags. We ended up walking about 35 minutes with our bags in the beating sun UPHILL when we could have just took a bus..... for free.... Dammit.

    We went back to city centre but didn't have much time. We had to be back by 4:20. We went and walked down some streets that we hadn't seen yet. We made a salad at the salad bar in the grocery store(it was so freakin good). Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the port to get on our cruise.

    We made it with 20 Minutes to spare after looking for the bus for about 15 minutes.

    We boarded & put our bags in our cabin and immediately got a drink from the bar. We sat on the deck for a while until we discovered a guy playing the guitar in one of the bars. We sat and listened to him basically all night.. the thumbs were there too and a couple people that looked like they were either really drunk or on some crazy drugs.

    We left when the guy when on break to go get dinner. We ate right by the window overlooking the Baltic Sea. Went back to the bar to listen to more music (he played mostly 70s music 🎉)

    We went back to the cabin around 1, Kaylee showered & I fell asleep before she even came out.

    Tomorrow we'll wake up in Finland ☺️
    Read more