Satellite
  • Day 10

    Chicago and New York City

    May 17, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Another week has gone by like that *imagine clicking fingers*

    Last week I spent one full day at the office and on Wednesday I flew to Chicago for the bike sharing station events. They went great! People in Chicago are so kind and really take their time to listen what we are actually trying to promote!
    It was a great experience and the brand ambassadors of the bike sharing company were totally stoked about our campaign which helped a lot!
    Chicago is a very beautiful city with lots of green space and great buildings. Katja and I even did an architecture boat ride. It was a great experience even though it started raining and it was quite windy.
    We felt like locals because we always drove around with the Divvy Bikes. Exploring a city by bike is really great fun. All you gotta know is how to use Google Maps 😉 and of course having a little adventurous spirit always helps.

    When I came back from Chicago, Vera was already in town. We spent a wonderful Sunday in rainy NYC. We even went to a museum that I have not been so far: the Museum of Natural History of America. Quite interesting. After that we spent lovely evenings in great restaurants and rooftop bars! We also experienced two totally different sides of homeless people. One approached us and said: "get out of the fucking country" and the other one asked for some money and as we said 'no' he said "have a great day and God bless you". So as you see not only the city is full of diversity but also the homeless people.

    Now you thought that's it with visitors from Switzerland? Oh hell no! Someone else will be coming today. Stay tuned. 😉

    Happy Thursday everyone!
    Read more