Satellite
  • Day 7

    Tour de Khao Lak

    April 27, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ 🌧 29 °C

    The last few days have been spent doing sweet bugger all, reading and swimming, and a moderately disastrous paddle around in sea kayaks which resulted in what Rich insists on calling SunglassesGate. Last night we had dinner at the resort, the highlight of which was spying a little kitty prawling high in the ceiling beams, doing laps of the round room.

    Today we took some bicycles out for what was going to be a relaxed meander and ended up being about 10km round trip - I've never sweated more but it was great fun, topped off by a wet crossing with the bikes over our shoulders through a short channel of water to do the short cut home. Very extreme and off road of us.

    We've just had a massage - my lady seemed quite keen to get my tricep off the bone - and are about to get picked up by tuk tuk from a restaurant about 15 minutes away. It's called Pam's and it's run by a northern Thai woman and a European man. Hopefully good!

    The smell I'll associate with Thailand is lemon grass - it's the cold drink you get as welcome, impregnated in the icy towels you get at dinner, and generally pretty bloody overpowering, but it could be worse.
    Read more