Satellite
  • Day 13

    Home Sweet Home Away from Home

    October 22, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 84 °F

    We made it! 4,119 miles through 14 states in a little under 77 hours and it’s even more glorious than I’d hoped here on Anna Maria Island.

    We’re a block off the beach, the sand is like superfine sugar with swathes of teeny-tiny seashells, the water cradles you like a mother’s warm hug, the weather is hot (80’s both temp & humidity 🥴) but not oppressively so thanks to breezes off the Gulf, and the stairs to our 3rd floor condo are a great unavoidable workout.

    There are shorebirds and cranes everywhere, not too many bugs (thank you again, island breeze), I saw my first gators 🐊 out on the golf course, and I’m no longer shrieking any more when tiny, 3” lizards🦎 scurry across my path. (Side bar: Between the frogs that insist on guarding the hot tub in Suncadia to the herd of lizards and seriously surprisingly large gators here, it’s been a big personal growth year for Caroline.)

    I feel so fortunate to live in a time and have the means and opportunity to experience this amazing adventure. America really is a beautiful country and I can’t wait to see even more!
    Read more