Satellite
  • Day 23

    Extended Stay

    January 14, 2021 in Panama ⋅ 🌧 68 °F

    Its now the 14th. Wow we have been in Panama for 20 days plus. With all of the lockdowns in Panama Caroline and I have decided to stay up by the Volcano Baru in the town of Boquete. We did move out of the 40 foot ship container yesterday and into a three bedroom sparsely furnished apartment.
    Here we have a third floor deck that looks out over a stream and on to a coffee plantation. That's the highlight of this unit. Caroline has setup her office on the deck and me on the kitchen counter.
    Didn't feel like cooking last night so walked down to the bar at the neighboring hotel around 7:30. Damn place was closed. Curfew at 7PM. So we ordered pizza. They know what they are doing here when it comes to all things bread. Pizza was as good as I have had. Also went to farmers market on Tuesday mornings. Lots of great produce and then lots of the usual. Not done a whole lot during the week as we are both working. Then the last weekend was in lockdown. So looking forward to this weekend. Plan to do some driving around and also do hike to the lost waterfalls that we have been reading about. Till then stay safe and be good. That includes you Derick....
    Read more