Satellite
  • Day 1

    Leaving Home...

    February 24, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    Sad to say good bye, its not goodbye, but see you later! Overwhelmed by friends well wishes and presents as we left, we are so grateful for our friends and family. Why? Why did we choose a lifestyle change, to set off in the trailer and travel around Australia? Answer....we had a quote on the fridge that was inspiring us to make a change, adventure was calling, and so we just did it!
    "You're never going to be 100% ready and its never going to be just the right time, but that's the point. It means that every moment is the right moment. If you want it, you just have to do it." (Via ka-tri)

    Departure didn't go smoothly, battery shit itself, brake lights weren't working and air brakes were locking up...some quick fixes and we were on the road.

    Our first destination is Longreach, but of course as these things go, we didn't make Longreach the first night. Shaun kept saying "it's all part of the adventure", I kept nodding, but not sure I agreed LOL. The cruiser starts missing under power, could be a coil? But on we go "its all part of the adventure". We hit Mirriamvale and the cruiser and trailer lurched sideways, yep it was a whoa moment! Turns out we blew a rear airbag...note the brand new heavyduty airbag, but an energy drink later and on we went...."its all part of the adventure!"

    We come into Blackwater and the front is making a hell of a noise...yikes...Shaun thinks the cv boots are rooted...but on we went "its all part of the adventure". After some discussion we decide to have the cruiser looked at in Emerald...turns out to be a good one....both cv joints have blown...something about torsion bars wound too high?? So Emerald is our first night stop while the cruiser gets new cv joints...no more on we went today..."its all part of the adventure"....hmmmm not sure it is....but on the positive side (and I am still feeling positive..just lol) we got a day to explore Emerald...to be continued...

    On a side note...poor old Annie airfryer took a tumble...but she's all good...yummy local pork ribs and roast taties.
    Read more