Satellite
  • Day 52

    The Whoniverse

    October 14, 2016 in Wales ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    I can't make up my mind as to whether I like Cardiff or not. It's not a huge city - 350,000 and quite compact. I'm not sure whether the area I am staying in (by the main train station) is seedy or not but it is central.
    I started off with the hop on hop off tour. There is a stop conveniently close by.
    I got off partway at The Doctor Who Experience. I am a huge Doctor Who fan especially Doctors 9 and 10 so this was a no brainer.
    It starts with the "experience" in which you go through a journey with the twelfth Doctor. I won't say much here as they prefer it not to be spoilt but it was fun. I helped to save the universe.
    There is an exhibition of various costumes in which I had a good browse through. All up I was there for several hours.

    From there I walked across to Mermaid Quay for some lunch and took a look at the Ianto Jones memorial and the Millennium Centre. I met another Torchwood fan who was there with his friend who just didn't get it, he would rather be in the pub than look for the water tower.

    I caught the bus back and then went down St Mary st which I thought was meant to be the shopping precent but it was all bars, backpackers and not much else.
    I got back to the hotel just before five intending to go and do some washing but discovered the laundromat closed at 6 so watched a movie instead. I eventually went across the road for some dinner and have been catching up on my TripAdvisor reviews.

    Photos
    TARDIS
    Ood
    Weeping angel - don't blink!
    Cyberman
    Mermaid Quay
    Millennium centre
    Read more