Satellite
  • Day 3

    Mt Coot-Tha on a warm day

    September 4, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    Today was a warm one, it seems our trip has coincided with a heat wave.
    We caught the bus to Adelaide st. We had some time before the next bus to Mt Coot-Tha so we went down the Brisbane Arcade with not only has some stunning shops but had lots of floral arrangements to celebrate the coming of spring.
    We came back though H&M where I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a hat. I certainly needed it today.
    Mt Coot-Tha itself was a lovely view. We could see the ocean, North Stradbroke Island and Moreton Island. It’s taken me a few years but I’ve finally realised why there are always cafes at places like this. It’s so you have something to do while you are waiting for public transport.
    We took the bus down to the Botanic Gardens. We had a lovely time trying to interpret the map to work out where we were and where we wanted to go. While in the shade the gardens were lovely and cool. We saw a lot of beautiful plants and flowers.
    It was warm enough however for the birds to be feeling it. I saw honeyeaters wallowing in the sand and a bush turkey lifting its wing to keep cool.
    We’d just stopped to appreciate the Japanese gardens when my sister rang. It was a lovely spot to sit and have a chat and organise ourselves for next week.
    We finished with a late lunch and then caught the bus back. I’d had enough by then so we were back in the hotel by 4:30pm.
    We are trying not to eat dinner out while in Brisbane (except me last night) so tonight I went around the corner to pick up a subway salad to have with the burgers I bought on Monday night.
    Tomorrow we head to Moreton Island.
    Read more