Satellite
  • Day 5

    To The Sunshine Coast

    September 6, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    I have to say I’m quite impressed with Brisbane’s public transport smart card. We had to buy the card and put a minimum amount on it. I topped mine up as well. When we got to Roma st Station this morning we were able to return the cards, get the cost of the card plus any remaining credit back. Much easier than trying to put just enough on to end up with as close to a zero balance as possible.

    We were originally going to head to Beerwah via Caboolture however with the hot weather plus talk of bushfire evacuations around Caloundra we decided we’d rather skip that area. Instead we headed to Noosa Heads. I was kept from deviating from the motorway by mum’s comment that she wasn’t too keen on eating lunch at 3pm as she usually wasn’t hungry by then. We got up to Noosa Heads for a 1:30pm lunch. We used the highly scientific method of choosing a restaurant by going into the first one that looked like it would have a toilet. That was the Noosa Beach House Bar. It turned out to be a good choice.
    Afterward we wandered through the town, along the beach and then the spit.
    We then headed back down south to our accommodation in Beerwah which is in the Glasshouse Mountains. A bit different to our Brisbane accommodation, very tranquil and relaxed.
    Read more