Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Singular 'Down Day'

    March 20, 2019 in Chile ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Decided to take it easy today and stay close to the hotel. We did a city tour which included some shopping in the morning, had lunch, took a nap and then went horseback riding, for the second time in our trip, in the afternoon. It was a different ranch but was still beautiful. We were joined by che-chin as the guide again and a couple from Mexico City. This trek was up narrow trails and was next to cliffs. After a bit of a climb we were treated to a great view of the valley including a lake. Ashley and che-chin again went off on their own to do a little galloping while the rest of us stayed behind. I made sure to take a bunch more pictures this time!

    After the horseback ride we got back to the hotel and set off to find dinner. We had made reservations at a special restaurant on the hotel grounds called El Asador. Roger helped us find it and we set off knocked on the unmarked door 3 times and were greeted to an exceptionally special dinner. When we arrived we could feel the warmth from the wood stove and could smell a slight hint of the smoke as well. The wood stove was used to create the coals, the chefs transferred the coals under the grill they used to cook our food right in front of our eyes. We were given menus which were no use because it was a fixed meal. Then the food started rolling in.

    We had two appetizers, several side dishes, three cuts of meat and two desserts in the course of 2.5 hours. Everything was delishious and there was way too much food. Ashley and I did our best to eat it all as to not offend anyone. There were only 11 customers in the restaurant so we had to put up a good showing!

    We headed back to our room to find a gift of sweets from our friend from conciege, Roger! After eating that huge meal we made additional space in our bellies for the sweets. They were great as well.
    Read more