Satellite
  • Day 57

    Followed by Harleys

    March 3, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We had just turned onto the Princess highway after we had done a detour via Lakes Entrance. I have a mob of lights behind I said as I looked in the wobbly strap on trailer mirror. No, it's a car and what looks like a big mob of motorcycles. That's very strange.

    Not knowing the road I picked up the pace a bit. 95kph and they were gaining very slowly. A highway patrol car slowly getting closer and he's running ahead of a lot of bikers. Soon a sign for an overtaking lane. Aha, I will let them go there.

    As I reached the slow lane I dropped back to 60kph and dozens of bikes roared past. I little red car seemed to be trapped in the middle as the lane was running out. I pulled over to let them all go. Maybe a couple of hundred or more. Not sure how the little car got on. There were a couple of Hondas mixed in but we were not sure if they were lost or not.

    Later we discovered that this was an annual ride called the Orbost Poker Run to benefit Ronald Macdonald house. As we drove on we saw bikes from time to time and wondered if they were lost Poker Run Riders or not. As we viewed the point where the Snowy meets the sea, the police escort and his noisy tail trailed past us again.

    https://www.orbostpokerrun.com.au/
    Read more