Satellite
  • Day 65

    Barmagui art, drumming and fireworks.

    March 11, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Sometimes, you just happen to be in the right place at the right time. We spent the afternoon walking around a nice wetland area. On the way back we found an interesting display of artworks. Dozens of exhibits that were all quite interesting. We spoke to one of the artists and learned there was to be drumming and fireworks 9:00 at night.

    We spent quite a while walking around enjoying all the sculptures and decided we would return for the drumming and fireworks. Back at camp we had our supper and headed back to town for the show. We were early and managed to get quite a good spot. The drummers were just setting up.

    A couple of pieces were drummed and then as they continued to drum the fireworks started. For around 8 minutes the show played out. The boompity boom drums and the boom whoosh of the fireworks. We were so close that it filled our whole view. Some of the fireworks exploded into a universe of red glowing sparks that slowly descended down to the ground. Others kaboomed into colourful constellations that faded more quickly.

    This was a very serendipitous day.
    Read more