Satellite
  • Day 8

    Brisbane Holiday Village

    December 1, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    We have been here for two weeks with family. There has been many celebrations over the two weeks we have been here. Lots of swimming in the pool. The Melbourne family have been enjoying lots of fresh fruit, something that is far more costly further south.

    Watermelon, honeydew varieties, peaches, apricots, nectarines, plums, blueberries, strawberries and much more. All at a fraction of the cost in Melbourne.

    When we first arrived the weather was very hot. We had the air conditioners running flat out for the first couple of days. We watched the news of fires right along the Queensland coast burning out of control. Some were threatening family and friends directly. Entire towns were evacuated.

    Soon the temperature dropped to more pleasant levels and we have hardly used the air conditioner. Overnight has been cool enough to need a sheet over. Days have been partially overcast, lowering the swimming pool temperature quite a bit. Swims have become shorter with a hot shower afterwards.

    There have been many trips to local shopping centers to stock up on groceries. We have made quite a few trips now to visit relatives and friends. We have also had several groups visit us here.

    The apartment is well laid and has everything one needs. A good kitchen and comfortable beds in the three bedrooms. A total of 5 television sets and 4 air conditioners. Most of the time we have had the huge full length Windows at the front fully open to enjoy the outside.

    For us this has been a top shelf holiday.
    Read more