Satellite
  • Day 1

    Heading off.

    March 12, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 35 °C

    After a busy few weeks getting the camper trailer ready for this trip we are ready to depart. Final departure time was just before 3pm. Our rough plan is to head to Boynedale bush camp for the night, rather than the previously planned Wongi waterholes camp.

    Originally this trip was going to be a quick run via Brisbane to visit relatives in Canberra. Simple and easy? Well Canberra is not actually far from Melbourne, and we also have relatives. So an additional bit was extended in the end. Not too much extra, drive down, drive back after a visit.

    Might as well head back via the high country as that is not much longer.

    Soon we had an interesting trip planned for Brisbane, Melbourne, high country, Canberra and back home. This info passed on to camp Melbourne. Seems that the Melbourne crew felt they would like to have a week or so camping somewhere a couple of hours out. A place has been chosen and all the previous plans adjusted.

    We won't go to Melbourne now, and the high country is out for now. There's just the matter of fitting in a music festival at St Albans and a few days in Sydney to catch up with relatives there.

    Turns out the dates for Sydney coincide with a special deal in a van park near Narabeen. That happens to be close to where we want to be so that is now booked in. $144 for 4 nights is a great deal for us. One advantage of being able to travel in the off season now we are retired.
    Read more