Satellite
  • Day 73

    End of trip

    May 23, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    The Skipworth Trip ended on 23 May. After travelling via Tenterfield, Casino, Brisbane, Urangan and up the cost we were home to prep for out next "short" trip.

    From Casino had taken about another week visiting friends and Family. We did not bother with photos for the travel blog as we have travelled that part many times.

    We always get asked what our favourite part of the trip was. This is such a hard question since over a couple of months there are so many moments.

    Scariest. The monster downpour of rail that near flattened out camper tent at Mount Hope. Also the many times watching a granddaughter climb a terr hanging out over a 29 foot bank.

    Touching. Finishing the time at Skipworth when the girls painted rocks. Everyone had a different image.

    Prettiest. There were a few. Usually there was water and often birds.

    Strangest. The Gold nugget throwing at Jameison. Not real nuggets

    Tastiest. Beechworth Bakery, honey tasting and the Berry farm.. Also camp oven cooking. Damper. Vegetable stews.

    Narure moments. King parrots landing on us to take an almond. A visiting wallaby and her baby visiting our camp and coming right up for a pat. Blue wrens flitting around our camp..

    Nervous. Driving around the side of a hill with a 200m drop straight down.

    Annoying. The kookaburra who stole my lunch and shared it with his mates. Some of the impatient drivers.
    Read more