Satellite
  • Day 2

    Cancun lets try again!

    January 4, 2017 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Amazing breakfast included in the hotel stay which I paid for later! Oh well but it was good!

    My plan was to make it to a bank get some peso and then see the sights!

    I made it to the mall after a litre of water and just before I collapsed! As an added bonus my face was bright red and took an hour to return to normal!

    Then I pondered for some time. Do I walk to a bus station wait in the heat and then go to the hotel zone on the beach and walk the strip catching the local minibuses along the way?
    In my backpacking days the answer would have been of course! I agonised as I am meant to be travelling on a budget!
    No the heat is diabolical so I hire a taxi to drive me wait while I take my tourist snaps and head back to air conditioned safety in the mall!

    Cancun is good as a transport hub where you stay and do your day trips or if you just want to lay by a pool and party at night.

    The hotel strips had your usual high end shopping, malls and lots of bars and restaurants.

    Eventually got the standard Cancun shot taken by my cheerful taxi driver! You have to take that one second opportunity when it hits unless you want to queue for ages in the heat. Was the shot worth it? No!

    The internet access has been very hit and miss with my global sim. One night I woke up at 3.30am and it was working so away I went with my travel research for 25 mintues then it was gone!

    Later that day set off for Playa del Carmen where I will be based for 3 days. I opted for a taxi which I got a good price on - the heat the heat!!!
    Read more