Satellite
  • Day 31

    Long day travelling

    February 2, 2017 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 2 °C

    6.15am breakfast and 7am departure.

    Not a morning person.

    Better lake crossing as boat not crowded beyond the safety limit like last time!

    Border crossing into Costa Rica and we are told to keep together, watch our things carefully and when we are waiting form a circle with our bags in the middle.

    The crossing takes a while - someone had a eastern european passport which delayed us at the Nicaraguan border then a few people didn't have proof of forward travel from Costa Rica which delayed us at the Costa Rica border.

    Its so humid we are all drenched as we have to carry our bags through both border checkpoints.

    Next its a stop at a mall for lunch - the guide tells us that the supermarket does a very good buffet and so everyone rushes to Burgar King!

    Prices are high here compared to the rest of Central America except Belize which also has high prices.

    The currency is crazy at 525 costa rican to the american dollar so things cost 1000s and you have a wad of money.

    Punctured tyre on the way but finally got to Monteverde high in the mountains where its cold and windy at night for a change!! Cute town but back on the tourist trail now.

    Our hotel looks like a ski chalet and the rooms are very cosy with hot showers!!

    We go into town for dinner and I have a very expensive chicken tarrogon dish.
    Read more