Satellite
  • Day 37

    Beach beach beach!

    February 8, 2017 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    I think I paid $8 for a chocolate milkshake from Starbucks! Desperation made me go there - overcome by this ugly city!

    Ended up going back to the same restaurant for dinner which is in the one street in the city that has trendy restaurants. Couldn't do the chicken and rice so pasta it was.

    Sat right by the window and watched the trains go by less than two metres away! I have a great video of it but at the time of writing this travel app can only upload photos.

    Great atmosphere in the restaurant and it was playing Jack Johnson so very chill.

    Early departure for the carribean coast (Puerto Viejo). Our new guide rightly guessed that we all want out of dodge!

    Local bus ride of about 4 and half hours - no air conditioning and stinking hot. We walked to our hotel and were dripping wet. Rooms not ready so I set off to have a look around town. So humid had to buy an extremely over priced dress - my high standards were a dress that fitted! And then I walked out of the shop in the dress!

    Then I spotted a gelato bar - so refreshing chocolate milkshake it was!

    More walking then back to the hotel to check into my room which was as hot as hell. Took off my dripping clothes had a cold shower then fell asleep for abit.
    Back out to face the heat so had to get some more gelato to cope!

    Group meeting at 7pm to discuss tours. The guide was pushing a day tour that only the new people to the group were interested in as the rest of us have already done similiar things.

    So it might be a visit to the jaguar rescue centre which has no jaguars but does have some sloths and monkeys but its a long walk or I hire a bike. Or maybe I will have a surfing lesson!

    The guide took the group to a soda but it was so unappealing some of us left and went more upmarket. Found a great place which had this awesome trio playing and singing and I ended up having the best fajitas of the trip. Had a great night and the place was right opposite the beach so there was a nice breeze.

    We have been told not to carry our passport or much money and not to venture anywhere on our own (walking around town during the day is ok). Also the place is full of dope - you can smell it everywhere even though its illegal.
    Read more