Satellite
  • Day 38

    The world's smallest pasta!!

    February 9, 2017 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    I am STARVING so imagine my horror when the attached was delivered! Good god serve a decent size!

    Pottered around in the morning doing washing and going to the post office.

    So hot in my sauna room that had to have a cold shower after my washing chores. Yes a freezing cold shower is a blessing!

    Have been carrying around some postcards for four countries. In Granada they had run out of stamps!
    Our dopey tour guide couldn't manage to locate an open post office. In Guatemala we were told the post offices were closed and that there was nothing to replace them!! Apparently private contractors are going to do it - eventually. I didn't have the strength to question further.

    Then I started looking for some electric bikes I saw the other day. Couldn't find them, hot and time marching on so had a smoothie which is my answer to everything and hired a car which took care of the heat issue and safety as I was by myself. Most of the new tour members were on a day trip and the old members that are left are horrid!

    The whole process to rent the car took an hour and a half - carribean time which is slower that central american time! Missed the jaguar rescue centre tour so drove up and down the coast then settled into an upmarket hotel for a few hours on the beach alternating between a lounge chair and a hammock. Super until the tiny pasta came! So yes I had another smoothie!

    Dropped car off and then had some gelato as no day is complete without gelato and walked along the beach settling into a nice spot right on the beach for an early chicken and fries dinner. Very relaxing. Lots of offers to purchase substances! One guy even had his kids with him!

    Then yes - gelato again! I am on a first name basis with the owner of the shop!

    Tedious group meeting at 7pm then clicky old members of group met up for dinner with other clicky members of group who are no longer on the tour but are following us! Its like high school! Anyway I have avoided the clicky group most of the tour and will continue to do so. The new members of the group are really good though.

    Early night as didn't sleep much last night in my sauna room. Next place we have been told has air conditioning. Yay!
    Read more