Satellite
  • Day 2

    Disneyland happiness!

    December 27, 2017, Caribbean Sea ⋅ 🌙 26 °C

    Christmas at Disneyland is my place of happiness! I have been wanting to see the christmas display ever since I went a few years ago. And I have always wanted to go to Disneyland so when I went the first time it was heaven as we stayed in the lovely Californian Hotel and spent three days there.

    This time it was a hire car drive along the freeway and then parking in one of the huge lots. Parking alone took about an hour then walking to the park another 30mins followed by a long queue and at this point I stopped clock watching. So much for being there when the gates opened!

    Once in I went straight to haegan daz for a chocolate shake - this is my happy drink! Then I wandered around the lovely Californian Hotel which had beautiful christmas decorations, carolers and an open fire with rocking chairs. I could have sat here for hours watching the passing parade. Love that hotel!

    Next it was onto the Adventure Park as that was where most of the new rides I wanted to try were.
    I paid abit extra for the fastpass app as it saves alot of walking and with only one day girlfriend had to move fast! Also the day I went is one of the busiest days of the year.

    I queued for about an hour and a half for the new Cars ride. It was fun but not worth queuing if you have already tried it. As I was about to get on the ride it stopped for quite a while and when we finally got on we got stuck mid ride. See next entry for photos of me stuck in 'Monument Valley'! But this scored us a second ride which in Disneyland world is huge!

    Next it was onto Legends of the Galaxy. This ride is awesome and one of my favourites. Its the Tower of Terror re jigged but with lots more drops and fun music.

    Disneyland christmas means non stop christmas music playing all day and night - heaven! I want to go back one christmas eve and run around in christmas mickey ears!

    Of course on the one day I go to Disneyland there was a major power outage which closed alot of the rides for a few hours and at one stage they closed down the entries into Disneyland due to the crowds. There was extra crowding as people had alot less rides to go on. But as my fastpass ride was cancelled and I got another one for any ride of my choice it worked out in my favor to get on a ride with a long queue.

    So next was Disneyland and I just wandered around looking at the christmas decorations and then watched the christmas parade. Fabulous! Then a railway ride around the park to save walking and then back to the adventure park for Soarin over the World which is great and then one of my favourite coaster rides California Screamin.

    So fabulous day and it cheered me up given the $ debacle. Little did I know worse was to come!

    Then back to LA with a sat nav which was giving me crazy directions. Luckily I am familiar with the highway and we are staying near the airport so I found my way home.

    Go to bed exhausted!
    Read more