Satellite
  • Day 2

    Was that St Croix

    January 6, 2019 on the U.S. Virgin Islands ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Because we slept through it. Still exhausted so we slept until about 3pm. I think that means we slept about 24 hours! We will be back in this port next cruise so it didn't matter that we missed it.

    From the ship the port town looked like a dump.

    Once I surfaced I explored the ship. It holds about 2100 guests. The outside pool area is noisy with loud music but there's a closed in one which is quieter.

    As we are in aqua class we have access to various spa facilities like the turkish bath, steam rooms, sauna, heated lounges and so on.

    We also have a separate restuarant but can use the main dining room as well. There is also a buffet restaurant that is open most of the time. And lets not forget the ice cream/frozen yogart bar!

    Lots of bars and lounges and a grill cafe near the pool.

    There are also various speciality restaurants and a coffee and gelato cafe where you pay.

    Shops, casino, theatre, game arcade, spa, hair salon, gym, basketball court, jogging track make up the rest of the facilities.

    We mainly stayed in our cabin and I went back and forth getting the food. A brilliant food day of pizza, mousse and ice cream!

    Complaints so far are air conditioning not very good in the cabin and some parts of the ship during the day, no internet unless you pay a fortune, no usb port in room, no powerpoint near bed and no guest laundry so $11US to get a dress washed - as if - but all typical on a cruise.
    Bathroom is tiny but thats ok. I think a bath should be included for the price.

    You can feel the ship move and it jolts sometimes. Its an older ship (20 years) so maybe thats why it is not as smooth as the newer ones. On our Alaskan cruise we didn't feel the ship move at all.

    Its due to dry dock so it can be totally gutted and re done in March so the cruises will probably be more expensive on this ship.

    The staff are great, the food good (except for the hot chocolate which is rubbish) and its relaxing. And the pina coladas could have more cream!

    The shore excursions are very expensive for what they are. A simple ride around an island can be as much as $150US and a dropoff at and return from a beach $50US.
    Read more