Satellite
  • Day 1

    Florence, Italy - Vespa Tour

    May 18, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 2:30 pm

    Our Vespa tour was delayed because one of their neighbors had made a complaint to the police about the noise. Finally got started and riding through the Florence traffic was hairy - the drivers are VERY aggressive! Once we got out of the city it was beautiful! Riding through the Tuscan countryside through the vineyards and olive tree groves was amazing. This area primarily grows grapes for making Chianti wine. Ended the evening with fresh pasta, wine, cheese, salami, prosciutto, bruschetta, and olives at a private residence outside in the garden.

    Your Vespa tour will begin in central Florence, where you’ll meet your guide for a brief safety overview and practice ride before hitting the road. Saddle up on your original Vintage PK Vespa, a classic model no longer produced, and follow your guide through the city streets until you reach the outskirts. Admire panoramic views of Florence from the Church of San Miniato al Monte before taking a peek inside. The Romanesque church hosts an array of incredible artwork and is one of the city’s lesser-known gems. Continue into the Tuscan hills, past poppy fields and vineyards, with plenty of opportunities to pause for photos. As you travel back toward Florence, pull over at Piazzale Michelangelo, where views of the Arno River and the iconic Duomo stretch out before you. Conclude your adventure with a Tuscan meal on a private terrace, savoring bites of burrata cheese, bruschetta or meat cold cuts with fennel. Sit back, relax and soak up the Italian spirit before heading back to your original departure point.
    Read more