Satellite
  • Day 81

    And now...

    April 25, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 5 °C

    We left Siem Reap, Cambodia on Monday afternoon, around 12:30, which would have been 10:30 BC time on Sunday night. We got in Mackenzie last night at 6:00pm. That’s roughly 44 hours. Long time, we know. But its our fault for not planning that option a little better. Had we been in Manila for a couple days prior to leaving, which was a plan at some point, instead of flying there just to make our connection it would have been considerably shorter. Oh well, we like to roll with it.
    If you are ever in the Manila airport, give yourself a lot of time to make your flight. The lines are super long, efficiency isn’t in their vocabulary and the airport is enormous, four terminals, actually make up the airport. From terminal three where we landed was a eight or nine minute cab ride to terminal one where we were to take off from. Service isn’t in their vocabulary either.
    Kuala Lumpur, is a smaller airport, but much different airport experience, and remember that the airport is 60km from the city when you are planning your day. Shanghai airport which we are becoming quite intimate with, having been there four times in the last four years is really nice and fairly well laid out.
    And then you get to Vancouver and realize that it is certainly one of the nicest, cleanest and well laid out airports, that we have seen anyway. And there are lots that compare, only Singapore might be nicer.
    But now we are home, and glad to see the snow is gone and spring is actually here. And for some of us the 15 degree weather is a nice change from the ‘36 feels like 46’ heat we have been in for the last three weeks.
    It was a trip of a lifetime, that none of us will soon forget. Thanks for coming along with us, we loved sharing our experience with you, and we hope you do the same.
    Read more