Satellite
  • Day 37

    Happy Birthday Ruby

    December 19, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    Day 1 in Florence.
    We arrived in Florence on Monday at 1230pm and Sweeleng jumped straight in with the organisation of a walking tour at 2pm. This was to orientate ourselves to Florence (Firenze), which also means flower.
    The guide for the walking tour was so good. She was both passionate and informative about the city. As she was also a freelance architect living and trained in Florence, she was able to highlight perspectives and architectural aspects of the buildings unique to Florence. She covered the northern aspect of Florence and told us she does the southern aspects in the morning tour, which Sweeleng quickly also signed us up for on Friday.

    Day 2 in Florence.
    Marks a very special day in history. Ruby turned 50 with her friends and family. The 4 of us met her friends, her beautiful naked friends, at the Uffizi Museum.
    The afternoon was shared with Michaelangelo at the Piazza Michaelangelo and the evening with a couple of delightful Gregorian chanting, 95 year old and another centurian monk. They were Benedictine monks at the San Miniato al Monte church who were attempting to sing silent night before the start of Mass. We even stayed for the full service. The full company of cloistered monks joined the 2 old folks for Vespers after Mass.
    We finished off the great day with a typical Tuscan trattoria dinner. Ruby declared a very happy birthday.
    Read more