Satellite
  • Day 5

    Canna and home

    August 28, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    After we decamped from Tenindewa, we visited the church that Monsignor Hawes built called Our Lady of Mount Carmel. The church is beautiful, and the stonework astounding.
    Then we went to the Mullewa waterfall. There wasn't much water running anymore but the wildflowers were abundant.
    We then made our way to Canna church and dam. At the dam, we saw lots of spider orchids, and a new one that I haven't seen called pink candy orchid. I got rather worried as Ruby was talking to an old man who I thought was taking a natural break in the bushes. Before I knew it, he was telling us to wait, and he'll find some snail orchids for us, and show us some ant orchids. The snail orchids were well hidden amongst the undergrowth, and we'd have never spotted it had he not taken us to the spot and pointed them out. We had to follow him in our car to the now closed Canna shop for the ant orchids. He then gave us a map and instructions for the vanilla orchid by the church.
    We were undecided as to whether to head home or camp out one more night. The decision was made for us when we realised we had not showered for 4 days and the campsites were filling up with big caravans.
    Read more