Satellite
  • Day 7

    Day 2, Tuscon, Arizona

    August 8, 2013 in the United States ⋅ 19 °C

    So day 2 of our road trip and after waking up a little later than expected 10:15am we unhooked ourselves and off we headed for Phoenix, Arizona. After the long flight and then continuing on after our late departure from the depot it was decided lets just sleep till our bodies tell us they'd had enough.

    Although California has huge motorways, the road surface is pretty disgusting and really need a lot of maintenance. Thankfully Blythe was almost on the border of California and Arizona and not long after leaving Blythe the border crossing was almost like entering a new world. The road went from crap to beautiful surfaces and wider lanes as well, which made a huge difference to the comfort of the trip.

    As we drove we contacted the RV people to have a little bit of a b**** about the fact that none of the keys that came with the RV actually worked in any of the locks, bar the ignition thankfully. They responded pretty well with an address in Phoenix for us to go to and keys for the locks so we could actually leave the vehicle secure, and also provided us a water hose and regulator so we can actually hook up to mains water, unfortunately at our own expense, to be reimbursed upon our return to the depot.

    We got to Phoenix and the GPS was taking us south towards Tucson, our route destination, but alas, the RV place was in New River, 28 miles north of Phoenix. You gotta laugh.

    Well as the day drew to a close we arrived at our RV Park joust south of Tucson and wow, it was a total mind blower, this is apparently the largest RV park in the world, and voted number 1 RV park in the whole of North America. I'm not gonna take away Sue's thunder, I'll let her tell you more about it and post some pics tomorrow.

    So off to bed now and then up in the morning for a workout in the gym, swim in the pool, maybe a stroll by the lake, and then a hearty breakfast at the Bar & Grill. Got you salivating, check back tomorrow for Sue's and Bec's comments.
    Read more