Satellite
  • Day 47

    Trip Summary

    June 12, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Time to lay out a bit of a trip summary to preserve into history. 😂
    After so many trips to the USA and abroad generally, this trip will be one to remember with the assistance of the final trip album once completed.
    It was all driven by COVID, which stopped us from our usual annual overseas trips, and having not seen our beautiful girl for nearly 2 1/2 years.
    The idea of the RV road trip came about due to the enjoyment of our previous one 6 years earlier. The 2 areas we have not seen were the SE and the NW, so it could have been either one, but ultimately after chatting with Bec she felt beaches and warmth were the job after a bitterly cold winter in Pennsylvania.
    So the decision was made, now to find the rig. A website RVshare provided what we needed and a great negotiated rate gave us the rig we used.
    Travelling from the NE right down the coast saw us cross 20 borders travelling through 15 states. Down to the lowest tip of the USA across to New Orleans, and back up through Nashville and the Shenandoah Valley.
    The sites, the cultures, the accents, and the shift in weather made for a stunning trip, one to remember.
    Trip now done all too quick, and discussions have been had with the RV owner to allow us an extended 6 months or longer trip in the near future.
    Cannot wait.
    Read more