Satellite
  • Day 23

    Final Day In London

    July 16, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Well... after a lot of debate and working through the pros and cons with each side presenting some compelling arguments, we decided not to stalk Reese Witherspoon today and instead try and hit some things we would probably regret not doing.

    First on the agenda was to go back to Notting Hill and buy a book that Dylan wanted to get. That was an eye opening experience as Notting Hill on a Saturday is very different from a Wednesday as the picture I took illustrates. But we managed to part the crowd like Moses and the burning bush, get that book, and escape with no major difficulties.

    Next we tracked down a couple more filming locations from the Notting Hill movie and while we were at it I took out the big camera for some artsy photos. I was having fun while at the same time annoying the family. It was a good day.

    Next we jumped on the subway to head over to St. Paul's Cathedral. Again.... subway on a Saturday is very different and my claustrophobic wife was experiencing some... uh... tense moments with the number of people who manage to fit inside a moving metal projectile.

    After the cathedral we were off to find the market that inspired Diagon Alley from Harry Potter... which we thought we found but actually didn't. But that didn't dampen our mood because next we were off to walk the Tower Bridge. And it just so happens we were within 20 minutes of them opening it for a boat so we stuck around to watch that.

    Then we walked up the South Bank all the way to the Millennium Bridge so we could cross it ( that one was mine). And after all that we headed back to our apartment so we could pack things up and plan our day in Bath tomorrow (if this heat wave doesn't wreck our plans.... fingers crossed).

    So, that concludes our time here in London. Amazing time but we are ready to go. The next big step in the trip is Paris so everyone is getting excited for that. But I know we are leaving here with many fond memories. Until tomorrow.
    Read more