Satellite
  • Day 8

    Apr 9 - A day for relaxing

    April 9, 2018 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ 🌙 26 °C

    When we finally surfaced, we had breakfast and then went to the gym. We skipped going for a walk afterwards - it was a really warm day. So, instead, we put in the first of two loads of laundry and watched yesterday's action from the Master's. Patrick Reed won by one shot. My little Irishman finished in a tie for 5th. Did more laundry then did some reading. When Patty got home from work, we went out for dinner (our treat) to the Els Club, one of four golf clubs owned by Ernie Els, the professional golfer. Ernie even has his own wine called Big Easy which Patty and I both tried - excellent. Dinner was on us. Everything was fabulous.

    Tomorrow we are off to Jordan. Bob will drive us to the airport for an 11:00 a.m. drop off for our 2:00 p.m. flight. We will get into Amman, Jordan about 4:00 p.m. local time. Jordan is one hour behind Dubai so it will be a 3-hour flight.

    Our visit here in Dubai has been wonderful. We have seen and done so many things and have been amazed at this city and its rags to riches rise to prominence on the world scene. It's an incredibly clean and tidy city. The malls are spotless due to the efforts of the legions of cleaners who continually patrol every square inch. Patty and Bob have been incredibly gracious hosts - generous with their time, their knowledge of Dubai and even their bed. We will always remember this visit to the stunning and vibrant city of Dubai.
    Read more