Satellite
  • Day 20

    Moscow

    October 16, 2017 in Russia ⋅ 🌫 12 °C

    We are here!! It’s Moscow!!

    As we stood in the train station, it dawned on me that we were in Moscow, I’ve waited so long to be here and here I was.
    We caught a transfer to our hotel, and were allowed to check in right away, which allowed us to freshen up from the night on the train.

    Alex was giving us an orientation walk that started out with us heading over to the metro, where we picked up our metro passes, and we were on our way. When we got off the train we stepped out right outside the Red Square.

    Most of us were in awe of the architecture of the city, I think it blew most of us away. We got a quick briefing of the immediate area and took a quick peek at the Red Square and St. Basils.
    After lunch we went to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier to watch the Kremlin guards change. It was quite a sight to see these high kicking guards.

    Then we were free to roam Moscow!!

    I went to the Red Square first to snap photos of the GYM shopping center, the Red Square, and worked our way towards St. Basils. As we got closer to St. Basils it was just as beautiful as I thought, although slightly smaller than I expected. But none the less I was standing in the Red Square looking at this beautiful Cathedral. We all took tons of photos here and then thought of going inside but it was slightly expensive.

    We walked over to the old KGB headquarters. It was a bit of a walk from the Red Square, but we got to view more of this fantastic architecture so we were too distracted to notice the distance. Moscow is surprisingly cool.

    When we came up on the KGB building it was just as impressive as the rest of the city. What was funny was that a massive toy store was right across the street from it. The toy store had a viewing platform, so we went to the top and took a look at the Moscow skyline.
    Read more