Satellite
  • Day 2

    Lima Llama Lima

    May 10, 2018 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    It was a long travel day yesterday with the red eye flight, short connection in Mexico City and the a flight delay. By the time I made it to Lima I was so exhausted I chilled in my hotel room. I did go out to grab food, yay for Papa Johns lol.

    I was so tired I went to bed at 8:30 pm, and slept till 8 this morning. Lima is a pretty loud city, reminds me of New York with all the traffic, sirens and honking.

    Today though I got everything in that I wanted to see! And only bought a couple things too, and we know that’s a feat for me!

    I walked my way around Miraflores pretty easy, and started with heading up to Plaza Agustin Gutierrez, here I visited Starbucks and McDonalds, don’t judge it’s my thing. After this I opted to see the ruins Huaca Pallana. These were a step pyramid / village built eons ago. It was a pretty cool site to see to be honest.

    A guided tour of the site was included and what got me was that 37 years ago it was still undiscovered, and the local kids were using it as a dirt bike track!! The guide said in another 30 years it should be done, which would be cool to see.

    After this I decided to see the Miraflores Central Park, and the John F. Kennedy Park, the parks were small but nice and oddly enough offered free WiFi. I did go to Starbucks and grab a snack so I could get inside for a bit since I noticed I had a sunburn starting.
    I continued over to the Choco Museum, which was pretty interesting. I bought some tea, because it was delicious . Felt like I had ate a chocolate bar.

    Next I decided to head to the park of love which was quite nice and a 20 minute walk away. I wandered around and went and saw the lighthouse as well which was nice. I headed back to the hotel to relax, shower and get ready for the meeting that night.

    All in all it was a pretty good day. I can’t complain about any of it.
    Read more