Satellite
  • Day 41

    Ocean Safari

    May 8, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We finally had a game plan for our scuba/snorkeling experiences. We had heard such bad things about tours from Cairns. Port Douglas seemed too foofy and there were no other scuba trips from anywhere up north. But the lady at the campsite recommended the trip out of Cape Trib on Ocean Safari for snorkeling and suggested a company out of Port Douglas for scuba.

    Ocean Safari was a fair sized (25 people) speed boat that you boarded from the beach. The people who run the boat were super enthusiasts not only about everyone having a good time but also about the preservation of the reef and the forest. The nice thing about this trip too is that it only took 25 minutes to get to what is considered the outer reef and this company is the only one to have a permit to anchor at this particular reef. Needless to say the whole thing was amazing.

    After that we head to yet another swimming hole to wash off before lunch and time to head back down south.

    On our way we stopped at the Daintree river and did a boat tour. There are crocodiles all along the banks and we saw our fair share...from the safety of a boat. Thank you very much.

    We made our way to Port Douglas and found a lovely campsite. We decided to dive into the PD vibe and went out to dinner. Found a lovely place, had a great meal and then enjoyed a great band.
    Read more