Satellite
  • Day 7

    Hoi An

    July 21, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    We have arrived in the beautiful town of Hoi An. We spent three hours sitting at gate 5 which both our boarding passes and one of the staff told us to sit at. Our flight was due to leave at 12.20 and at 12.10 our gate announced it was flying to Saigon and we realised there was a problem. We then found out it had been changed to gate 14 with no warning so we had to run through the whole of Hanoi airport where some poor stressed Vietnamese man rushed us to a bus which brought us to the plane. When we got on the whole plane was looking at us very unimpressed by the delay.

    Hoi An is a beautiful river side town and our hostel could be a five star hotel it's so nice. To one side we have the river and the other side has a pool surrounded by rice fields. Yesterday we spent most of the day at the pool watching a volleyball match that was taking place in the pool and seemed to mostly consist of some very competitive English and Irish lads. In the evening we went out for a lovely dinner in a riverside restaurant where Eva and I tried some traditional bhan xeo, which is an odd sort of deconstructed spring roll that you make up yourself but was very nice. Then we headed into town with some people from the hostel and found what I think is Hoi An's version of Coppers.
    Read more