Satellite
  • Day 26

    Koh Pha-Ngan Part 2

    August 9, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    The day after the full moon was pretty much a write off. We met back up with the nursing girls, went for a beautiful dinner then headed back to the hotel and watched a movie before going to sleep. The next day Eva convinced us to go to a water park called Slip N Fly. The main attractions are two massive slides with a steep incline at the bottom so you go flying into the air before landing in the water . After signing our lives away at the front door we watched a few people land successfully and a few not so successfully .

    When Eva finally convinced/dragged me to the top of the slide a slight meltdown was had where I refused to let go of the Frenchman who was working at the top . He told us that it is actually safer to go backwards as you are then in a pencil dive position landing in the water. It might be safer, but it is way scarier!. Being the nurses we are we decided safety first so backwards we went down the slide . As soon as I went, I actually really enjoyed it - apart from a large pain in the bum when landing in the water it was actually great fun!. That evening we went to the famous Amsterdam Bar that has the best views of the sunset and watched the sun go down on our last night in Koh Pha-Ngan .
    Read more