Satellite
  • Day 12

    Ice and Snow world

    February 13, 2017 in China ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    Harbin was a hard city to navigate, the roads were manic, the beeping was constant and we had some unpleasant experiences in our short time there. However it was all worth it for the ice and snow world which was colourful, majestic, creative and just overall nothing like we had ever seen. The whole place lit up and was made of ice. Ice sculptures stood tall with such detail. Even walking in the snow was nice as we don't get much snow in london.
    Plus on top...we got a free coach to and from the snow world from our hotel....though it was one hell of a... odd ride. There was us and a bunch of other people on the coach, the coach stopped at about two other hotels to pick up various people and all along we had a tour guide. Now on our way back from the snow world, the coach stopped outside a shop and everyone got off accept us. We didn't really know what was going on. Anyway they returned and the coach started driving off...to our suprise the tour guide and a couple other people were still in the shop, he had left without them! One guy who's friend was left started shouting in Chinese at the driver who then pulled off and let the friend off. Can you belive, he didn't go back for them he just left them! And then he stopped again and everyone got off who was left accept us again. He then started to drive off again with just me and katie in the coach, we were confused as we recognised a few people from the hotel we was staying at so thought they would get off with us. At this point I started to panic and sort of froze up not knowing what to do. Luckily he let us off on a road by our hotel. It was nuts! To leave people who were promised a ride to and from their hotel and even worse...to leave the tour guide behind! We was just happy we got back to our hotel as it would of been a nightmare if we got dropped off in an unknown place!
    Read more