Satellite
  • Day 6

    Central Park

    November 24, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    Real lazy start to the day, not venturing down to breakfast until 10 AM must have been tired out from yesterday.
    We decide to wander into Central Park taking in the varying different elements, watch a little bit of ice skating but neither of us are keen on partaking at the moment. As we wander out we spot the horse and carriage rides, we decide to take the tour with Danny Boy (that’s our horse for the next 45 minutes). The driver is very knowledgeable pointing out several different elements referencing lots of films to locations including Home Alone. We stop at the fountain that’s in the Friends opening/closing credits for some photos before finishing our tour.
    Leaving Central Park we head down 7th, cutting off at Radio City Music Hall, and the Rockafella centre where they are preparing for the Christmas lights switch on on Wednesday. It’s heaving in and around there today so Wednesday could be interesting!! They also have ice skating on the lower level of the Rockafella, we get a view but getting close to it would have been a battle. Over to Grand Central Station via Saks 5th Avenue, I’d been recommended a bar at GCS, once we find it, it’s packed, maybe 5 on a Saturday isn’t the best time. We go off hunting for a secret bar that I have read about, we find it on the 2nd floor of a hotel but it’s closed for renovations 🤔. We battle on through a very busy Times Square and after that we need a couple of 🍻.
    After several beers we are heading back to Central Park the idea being to watch the ice skating under lights, but both needing the loo and it’s persistent raining, we seek solace in another refreshment establishment. Ice skating can wait for another day. We call for traditional pizza on the way back to our hotel. We get a small pizza, of course it’s massive, but very nice.
    Read more