Satellite
  • Day 8

    Stars, rain and Broadway

    November 26, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 9 °C

    Yet another lazy start to the day, we didn’t get out of bed till 9am. We skip Breakfast again, heading to Madame Tussaud’s to mix with the famous, royalty and some of the big world influencers. I tackle the best footballer in world Messi (Ronaldo isn’t worthy of a statue) and square up to Connor McGregor before we take in a 4D marvel show. We then call at a small cafe for coffee and danish, before heading back to Macy’s for a spot more shopping.
    It’s raining when we leave Macy’s, but we head up to Radio City Music Hall to book tickets to the Christmas spectacular - bagging ourselves a couple of bargain tickets, but not until Wednesday’s matinee. It’s raining torrentially now so we seek shelter from the rain and take a late lunch, before heading back to the hotel to get ready for our Broadway show tonight.
    Rumour has it that a glass of wine is $28 at the theatre so we have a beer in our hotel before heading out, fortunately the rain has subsided to a drizzle now and Janet has her brolly. We have great seats on the first row of the mezzanine (thanks Gracie for helping to pick them). The show Chicago is fantastic, we both really enjoy it. The show finished with a surprise on-stage visit by Cuba Gooding Junior.
    Back to the hotel after the show as we intend on making it to breakfast in the morning.
    Read more