Satellite
  • Day 2

    Stopover in Jacó

    January 2, 2022 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Turns out if we wanted to rent the car 1 1/2 hours earlier, we would need to pay an extra day, which with our deal would have amounted to almost two days worth of what we initially paid. We figure in the meantime we might as well go look for a SIMcard, which turns out to be more complicated than expected as well. Walking to a nearby Walmart leaves us with a SIMcard but no data, since the person in charge is off today. We decide to walk to the CityMall, which - who would have guessed - only opens at ten. Hence, we wait. We finally manage to get everything we need and can now with our newly purchased GB order another Uber. Back at Amigo car rental, we let the guy at the counter, Alex, convince us of another insurance, since he makes a special deal and gives us a car that is three categories better than what we anticipated. Oh well...

    Now we're finally set and head to our first stop of the day: Jacó. Known as rather touristy, we got the place recommended by friends, so we just have to check it out. And after 1 1/2 hours it is also time for a well-deserved lunch break. We eat close to the beach, take a stroll along the main street, and reward ourselves with a jump into the water. Totally refreshing and the view back onto the beach is also worth noting: a few houses in the middle, with green forests on both sides. Amazing!
    Read more