Satellite
  • Day 11

    Tayrona National park

    January 25, 2020 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We climbed up a waterfall!!!

    The day began with a horse ride through an avatar jungle! My horse was so lovely and called Lucero which means Bright Star in Spanish. The trail was winding and following a dried up stream as there hadn’t been any water in 3 months! The trees were unbelievably large and hung down just like in the movie Avatar!

    We climbed up 3 different waterfall zones then went for a swim in the very top waterfall.

    Today is our last day in this region of Colombia. Its very diverse as we have been in beaches, forest and rainforests. Its a very noisy region too. Every morning we get woken up by all kinds if animals, birds, lizards, howler monkeys, frogs and goodness knows what else.

    Im happy to see that there is alot of respect for the indigenous tribes. (Kogi, Wiwa, Arhuaco and Kankuamo). The indigenous people of this community believe it is their duty to keep the planet in balance. They believe this region (Serria Nevada de Santa Marta) is the heart of the world. What happens here happens everywhere. They call themselves the Elder Brothers, because they look after the earth, and the rest of modern society (Younger Brothers) who are destroying the planet with their wilfulness. Even though it is Elder Brother’s job to restore the balance, they still love Younger Brothers because we are family.
    Read more