Satellite
  • Day 51

    Cusco

    March 5, 2020 in Peru ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    TREASURE HUNT! Yesterday we explored Cusco in a very unusual way...

    Our guide Ronald took us on a treasure hunt all around Cusco!

    First, we were at a cathedral where we saw lots of gold stolen from the Incas. There was also a HUGE oil paining painted by the Incas but the order of the Spanish of the last supper, but they were all eating guinea pig, because thats what the Incas thought was a grand meal!

    Next we went to a market and there were rows and rows of sellers selling souvenirs and fruits! It reminded me of Serangoon in Singapore, and my mum called it Perangoon! Like Serangoon in Peru! We went to find some Peruvian fruit and it was so delicious! Straight from the mountains!

    After that, we went to an Inca temple and all the stones were completely and perfectly aligned! It must have taken ages! Also the temple was seismic proof! It has stood in the same place for 600 years and still looks perfect!

    The last stop was the square where the treasure was hidden! I solved the final clue and found the treasure, which was lots of Inca souvenirs including llamas!

    We finished off our day by going to the Pisco museum, where my parents had cocktails 🍹 🍸!
    Read more